Pregnancy Stages (Fetal Development)
When you first find out you are pregnant, it may be quite difficult to understand how a baby develops from a single egg and sperm.
The pregnancy stages start with a tiny thing called the zygote that later becomes the embryo which gets embedded into the lining of the uterus. There it develops into a fetus and this is when we can talk about fetal development. While at the beginning the fetus looks something like an alien and it apparently also has a tail, through the pregnancy evolution it starts looking more and more like a baby and in the end he or she comes to this world fully developed.
Don’t think for a moment that fetal evolution is something simple. There is a lot more going on in your belly than you would imagine. Baby development is a wonderful thing that takes a lot of time for people to understand. During the pregnancy weeks you will have several fetal development ultrasounds and you can also receive fetal development pictures. When asking how does pregnancy evolve you should keep in mind that every baby has his or own pace of development, and the doctors have only guidelines to assess the development of babies.
– Beginning of an exciting journey! As a paradox, although the first month of pregnancy is one of the most important pregnancy months, when 1 month pregnant, the large majority of women skip the information related to it because they are not aware of the new life growing inside them until the fourth pregnancy week [...]
– Trials and challenges for the brave future mom! When 2 months pregnant, the large majority of women experience the pregnancy if not through feelings related to the future motherhood state, at least through fatigue and pregnancy nausea. The hormonal environment the baby needs to grow, is affecting you visibly and subtle changes appear both [...]
– More interesting changes for the mother-to-be! The good thing about being 3 months pregnant is that you are already past the most vulnerable period of your pregnancy. This is because the risks of having a miscarriage have decreased by this time.A lot of women wait for this moment to share the big news with [...]
– Say hello to the second trimester! When you are 4 months pregnant you can say hello to your second trimester. This is the time to enjoy your pregnancy because it is known as the best period of it. It is possible to start feeling the baby move inside, and this is something that women [...]
– Boy or girl? Time to know! The most exciting time of your life might be when you are 5 months pregnant. This is because, in case you decide to do so, you could find out the gender of the little one. Now you could do all the preparations for the room of the little [...]
– Gaining weight to help the baby grow! You deserve congratulations for making it halfway through your pregnancy, but you should know that there is still a lot to go through after being 6 months pregnant. The good news is that the majority of women feel good about themselves during this period. Most of the [...]
– Welcome to the last trimester! When you become 7 months pregnant, you should know that you have reached the final trimester of your pregnancy. For sure there are a lot of different feelings that you have, some of them similar to the ones you felt when you found out that you are expecting. It [...]
-Rest and care needed more than ever! You are closer to actually meeting your baby than you might think when being 8 months pregnant. Most probably you are feeling excited and even irritable about meeting the little one. In this period you should make sure to get as much rest as you can, since you [...]
- Getting ready to meet your baby! When you are 9 months pregnant you might think that your belly can’t possibly get bigger, but reality proves you wrong. The good news is that you will stop gaining weight. Even though the last few weeks seem to be very difficult, you should keep in mind that [...]
Have you entered your nine-month pregnancy? You have reached the time of delivery. In the nine-month pregnancy, you will be having some discomfort with sitting, sleeping, etc, having your baby bigger in size. Your baby is almost ready for labor in four weeks. During this period of nine-month pregnancy, the baby’s lungs will be fully [...]