Each pregnancy is a unique experience for every woman.
Some changes are common to all types of pregnancies.
So, getting proper understanding about the physical and emotional changes helps you to understand your pregnancy and get a positive experience.
Among those various emotional changes, mood swings during pregnancy is a common one.
Various hormonal changes affect the levels of neurotransmitters and also various feelings that you have regarding in your pregnancy.
You may be very much excited about your pregnancy, but sometimes you can also feel stressed and overwhelming. Sometimes these constant worries can contribute to mood swings.
Main cause behind mood swings during pregnancy:
- Mood swings during pregnancy are the main causes of fatigue, physical stress, metabolic changes, or changes in the hormones estrogen and progesterone.
- Considerable changes in the levels of hormones can affect your neurotransmitter levels, which are the brain chemicals that change your mood.
- You will encounter mood swings during the first trimester of pregnancy i.e. between 6-10 weeks.
- Also in third trimester, you will experience mood swings because your body is preparing for the birth.
Coping up with pregnancy mood swings:
You are not alone who is experiencing mood swings. Here are the things which help you in reducing mood swings during your pregnancy:
- Proper consumption of foods
- Get plenty of rest
- Walk daily for 10-20 minutes
- Take frequent naps
- Get gentle massage
- Spend special moments with your partner
- Go for pregnancy yoga and meditation classes
- Take frequent breaks if you are a working mother
- Practice regular workouts [Pregnancy exercise]
- Manage your stress levels
Things you need to do if you can not reduce mood swings:
If you can not cope up with your mood swings for more than two weeks, then it is better to consult your practitioner. He or she can refer to a counselor.
If your mood swings become more intense and frequent, then you will be suffering from the condition called bipolar disorders. In this you will be suffered from the periods of depression to mania.
Managing your stress level to a greater extent can help in decreasing pregnancy mood swings. Donâ€™t allow frustration to build up in your life. You need to find the ways to take care of yourself emotionally.
If you feel nervous, then do something that makes you feel good. Take a light nap or go for a movie with your friends. If your mood swings are frequent and intense, then it is essential for you to speak with your doctor about the methods of dealing mood swings, anxiety and depression. Go for an experienced specialist and use the right medications to overcome from your condition.
But, donâ€™t worry about the feelings and concerns during your pregnancy. These changes are normal part of pregnancy. Each of you will experience the symptoms with various changes.