Do you want to grow your baby only with your breast milk?
Then it is essential for you to eat healthy and balanced diet to provide the required nutrients to your baby.
Foods to eat during pregnancy:
- Eat starchy foods such as pasta, bread, potatoes, pulses and rice.
- Take fiber as much as you can. After the childbirth, you can experience constipation and bowel problems. So consuming sufficient amounts of fiber helps both the constipation and bowel condition.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Each day, eat at least five servings of variety of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Consume protein foods such as fish, meat, pulses and eggs. Eat fish at least twice a week.
- Take dairy products such as milk, yogurt and cheese.
At the time of breastfeeding, you should take supplements that contain 10mcg of vitamin D.
- While breastfeeding, consume oily fish not more than two servings weekly.
- Eat swordfish, marlin or shark not more than one portion in a week because of its high levels of mercury.
- Caffeine consumption should be in moderation, but there is a risk that the contents can be delivered to your baby through breast milk. So it is better to drink fruit juice, mineral water or decaffeinated coffee or tea as alternative.
- Alcohol consumption makes the breast milk smell differently. This will affects the babyâ€™s sleep and digestion.
- Eating nuts and seeds affects 1-2% of the babies, but there is a higher chance of developing nut allergy in your baby as well.