HCG injection can help women with fertility problems.
In order to increase the chances of becoming pregnant, HCG injection is given along with other fertility drugs.
HCG is the pregnancy hormone that maintains the corpus luteum producing progesterone when conception occurs.
The injection is administered in two ways based on your body’s condition and type. It can be given just under the skin i.e. subcuteously or in muscles i.e. intramuscularly. The timing of the HCG injection administration is very important.
But, before going to take the injection, it is very important to inform your health care provider if you have any of the following conditions:
- Kidney disease
- Ovarian cysts
- Ovarian cancer
- Heart disease
- Allergic reaction to HCG, any medicines, preservatives, foods, hormones, or dyes
- If you are already pregnant
Usage of HCG injection:
Usually, HCG injection is given to thigh or buttock muscles. This injection can be given by your health care provider at a specified day of your fertility treatment cycle. You will be administered with this injection as one dose per cycle.
Ask your doctor about how to inject HCG on your own. He will explain the procedure.
HCG injection can easily interact with herbal and dietary supplements, like black cohosh, chasteberry, or blue cohosh. So, it is better to inform your health care provider about all the medications you are using, along with non-prescription, nutritional and herbal products.
Things you need to watch for while taking HCG injection:
- If you are receiving HCG in order to get pregnant, then you need to maintain all the records needed by your health care professional on your body temperature and also intercourse. You need to follow the suggestions based on urine or blood test or ultrasound scan.
- Some of the fertility treatments that you follow may increase the chance of giving birth to multiple babies.
- If you consume alcohol or smoke, then fertility treatments have less impact on you in becoming pregnant.
If you encounter any of the following hcg injections side effects, then you need to inform your health care professional:
- Shortness of breath
- Sudden weight gain
- Stomach pain or pelvic pain
- Frequent and small amounts of urine
If you want to take this fertility treatment, it is better to consult your doctor. He will give a clear idea about the benefits and side effects of the HCG injection and also suggest you whether it is suitable for your bodyâ€™s condition or not.