Most of the pregnant women experience heartburn at some point or other during their entire pregnancy period.
Heartburn during pregnancy takes place due to number of reasons like increased levels of body hormones, poor diet and many more.
However, it is quite possible to avoid it during pregnancy. Just follow these simple tips.
- Avoid foods that trigger heartburn. These foods include citrus fruits, tomatoes, mint products, spicy foods, fatty and fried foods and also chocolate.
- Donâ€™t rush to complete your meals faster. Chew thoroughly and take your own time to eat food.
- Smaller and frequent meals, balanced healthy diet are highly recommended during pregnancy. It can help your stomach to feel full and also prevents heartburn.
- Drink a glass of milk after having meals because calcium has amazing soothing properties and potentially prevent heartburn after eating meals, particularly at nights.
- Alcohol should be completely avoided at all costs, as it is very harmful for you and also for your unborn baby as well. It also leads to heartburn and potentially puts at various health risks.
- Avoid tightly fitted clothes and prefer loose clothes.
- If you have habit of smoking, stay away from it throughout your pregnancy period. Smoking during pregnancy responsible to cause various health problems, particularly heartburn and many other health conditions.
Hopefully, these tips will help you to prevent heartburn during pregnancy. But, still if you encounter any symptoms, immediately seek right medical attention.