Essential oils are safe and gentle, especially when compared to synthetic medications; essential oils reduce nausea, aches and anxiety and they can help with more serious issues such as infection or elevated blood pressure etc.
Many women feel their bodies and babies are healthier as a result of using essential oils during pregnancy and that pregnancy is more comfortable. Discuss your needs with your care provider start with small amounts and use common sense.
Essential Oils during Pregnancy
The following are the list of gentle, effective oil. All these are perfect for pregnancy
- Bergamot relaxes muscles spasms, muscles aches, cold sores, emotional upset, reduces fever, etc.
- Geranium: Soothers skin, varicose veins, nausea, hemorrhoids emotions, and acne.
- Ginger eases nausea, heartburn, muscle pain, fights colds, improves appetite.
- Lavender Eases anxiety and headache, induces sleep, smoothens skin irritation, breast tenderness, and muscle ache, helps prevents early labor, reduces allergies.
- Lemon: Aides concentration eases congestion, heartburn, nausea, reflux, constipation, safe for household cleaning and varicose veins.
- Sandalwood: Relaxes and calms, encourages deep sleep, soothes spasms and muscle cramps.
- Wild orange: Eases anxiety, anger, insomnia, fatigue, acid reflux, constipation, heartburn, and nausea.
Essential Oils during Childbirth
Prepare in advance. Instruct a helper on how they are used and add a label with notes. Talk to your care provider about implementing these techniques.
- Jasmine oil: Reduces anxiety and calms the pregnant women. It also helps to expel the placenta any may speed up uterine contractions.
- Clary sage: It assists contraction, kicks the labour into the gear.
- Peppermint oil: It reduces pain and discomfort caused during the childbirth. It soothes nausea and boosts energy.
- Frankincense: one drop on babeâ€™s crown for protection and promotes bonding.
- Rose: Because of its high frequency it is one of the greatest oils in affecting emotions and physical body. May help with healing trauma, stabilizing of moods during relaxing, postpartum, anti-scaring and deepens bonding with baby.
Use with a gentle baby on lower back to prevent hemorrhaging.
Natural Ways to Reduce Labour Pains
- Water birth
During a water bath, a pregnant woman relaxes in a tub of warm water, the warmth of the water and the comfortable positioning aids in pain management. Water birth will relax your mind, relaxes and promotes overall comfort for both mother and baby.
- Relaxation, self-hypothesis, environment and breathing technique.
These basic additions to labour plan can help to reduce pain and create a calming effect on both mother and baby.
An aromatherapy diffuser filled with your favorite essential oils can create a sense of calm.
- Changing Positions
This includes moving around and finding positions that are most comfortable for the pregnant women throughout labour.
Massage can make a great difference and good long strokes during the labour can provide you pain relief and anxiety while helping to improve mood. Massage can be given on the scalp, feet, legs, hands, shoulder and lower back.
- Heat packs
For pain in the lower back and tailbone, a heat pack can provide relief, during labour and after the childbirth.
Before using any essential oils, always research on the product and reviews. Make sure to take suggestions from your doctor and explain them about aromatherapy plans. Â You can also hire an aromatherapist during the childbirth for a healthy labour.