You can experience them at any time during the day. For most of the women, these symptoms will disappear around 12th week of pregnancy.
No need to worry about pregnancy morning sickness. It won’t cause any harm to you and your baby.
Experiencing excessive vomiting and can not keeping food levels down can cause hyperemesis gravidarum.
This is a very harmful condition for you and your baby. It will become more severe due to the electrolyte imbalance and lack of nutrients.
Most of the pregnant women will experience morning sickness. This is a nauseated feeling that you experience in your pregnancy. But, this condition is not always accompanied with vomiting.
Increased levels of hormones in your body cause nausea. Most of the practitioners assume that this symptom is a good sign which means that your placenta is well developing.
You can follow number of techniques to get relief from this irritating condition.
Do’s and don’ts to get relief from pregnancy morning sickness:
- Avoid eating large meals at a time. It is better to take smaller ones.
- Consume fluids in smaller amounts throughout the day so that you can avoid dehydration.
- Take fluids 30-40 minutes before consuming the meals but avoid taking them along with the meals.
- Take rest as much as you can and also take shorter naps throughout the day.
- Get up from the bed slowly in the morning.
- Consume salty potato chips.
- Stay away from the foods and smells that increase the nauseated feeling.
- Inhale ginger or lemons, eat watermelon or drink lemonade to get relief from nausea. Take ginger ale that is made with real ginger as it acts as an alternative remedy to settle your stomach. Also, you will find ginger in capsule from.
- Get enough exercise and walk under the fresh air.
- Cook the foods in the microwave as it can produce fewer odors.
- Stay away from humid places.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Prefer slow movements.
- Just eat what you want and when you want.
- Consume frequent protein snacks.
- Avoid consuming fatty foods as they take longer time to digest.
- Before consuming the meals, it is better to eat something salty as it can help you throughout your meals.
- Consume the foods that are cold and are at room temperature.
- Don’t take the prenatal vitamin on empty stomach. Try to take with food or before going to bed.
- Wear an acupuncture band. These are designed to protect against seasickness, but it can also relieve you from pregnancy morning sickness.
- Take vitamin B6 as it helps in treating morning sickness.
- Try for hypnosis, but there is no scientific evidence that supports you to combat from morning sickness. Most of the mothers-to-be are using this hypnosis to get relief from this severe pregnancy morning sickness.
- Don’t skip your meals.
- Don’t sleep immediately after eating.
- Don’t cook and eat spicy foods.
When it is essential to contact your health care provider?
- Contact your practitioner if your vomiting is associated with fever or pain.
- If you still suffering from vomiting and nausea after entering into the second trimester also then you should consult your health care provider.
- Suffering from excessive vomiting and nausea which prevents you from consuming the foods then you should consult your practitioner.
- If you lose lot of liquid and you become dehydrated.
- If you lose greater amount of weight.
- If you vomit more than four times in a day and if blood appears in vomiting.
Then the doctor will examine your conditions and gives proper treatment in order to get relief from this severe pregnancy morning sickness. He will examine the major signs which cause dehydration and prescribe the medications.