During pregnancy, one of the things that most parents are excited about is knowing the gender of the baby.Â Some parents canâ€™t wait to get to know whether the new member in their lives is a boy or a girl. While knowing the gender of the little one can be extremely exciting, there are also certain reasons why it may not be very good.
In a lot of countries, finding the gender of the baby is banned as it can have implications like abortion etc.Â Thus, like any other thing, there are both pros and cons of finding the gender of the baby and they are given as follows:
Pros of Knowing the Gender of the Baby
- One of the reasons why finding out the gender can be a good thing is so that you can start working on the name and make a list of the possible options.
- Another reason why knowing the gender of the baby can be a great thing is because it helps the parents and others to shop for the baby and buy gender specific clothes and accessories.
- By knowing the gender of the baby, parents can decorate and dress up the nursery in advance. For example, if it is a boy, then the nursery can be decked up blue whereas if it is a girl, then the color choice can be pink or red.
- Once parents know the gender of the baby, then they might be able to feel more connected to him/her and feel more attached. This helps to make the baby seem more real.
Cons of Knowing the Gender of the Baby
- One of the reasons why finding the gender or sex of the baby can be a negative thing is because it eliminates a certain surprise and mystery element. It may reduce the excitement of the upcoming baby and, may leave nothing for the parents and others to guess.
- Another disadvantage of knowing or finding out the gender of the baby is that it may lead to an abortion especially in the countries where having a daughter may not be very welcomed. This is the main reason why finding out the babyâ€™s sex before birth is banned in some nations.
- Knowing the gender of the baby in advance may end up annoying some of the relatives or the older people in the family who prefer waiting for the baby to reveal himself/herself up on birth itself.
- One must avoid knowing the gender of the baby because all that really matters is that the baby is healthy and fit on birth and the gender may not really matter.
- If you know the gender and reveal it to others, then you may only receive gender specific clothes and colors such as only blues for boys and pink for girls and this can really create a monotonous babyâ€™s wardrobe.
- Often, parents start building a lot of expectations for the baby once they know the gender and this is another disadvantage.