This is an issue women frequently think about it, but probably don’t talk about as much: the Big O or Orgasm during pregnancy. Some highlights:
- Unless medically advised against it, sex and orgasm during pregnancy are perfectly fine.
- It may be that a woman has her first ever or first multiple orgasm when pregnant.
- The Big O may be better during pregnancy than ever before. The entire pelvic and genital region is more sensitive and is engorged with greater blood flow. So many women may find that orgasm may be more intense and that it is achieved quicker and with less stimulation than ever before.
- And no it is not harmful for the little unborn baby. It may feel like a massage to him or her and perhaps the fact that orgasm causes increased blood to flow to the pelvic region.
- The belly may seem to get hard during orgasm but it contracts only as much as it would when not pregnant.
- During the third trimester, when the uterus may not contract fully, the orgasm may seem less intense.