Often, when couples who are trying to get pregnant cannot do so even after trying many methods and medical ways, they turn to good old traditional ways which have proved to be effective for many people and have been in use for hundreds of years. Chinese herbs are also often considered very good for fertility. These herbs are said to have certain properties which can help couples become fertile and women to get pregnant.
Chinese herbal medicine is a complete treatment for infertility and is often taken by those who failed at getting pregnant through IVF etc. But like everything else, these herbs too have certain side effects which can prove to be harmful for the person taking it. The following are a few of the common side effects of Chinese herbs for fertility:
Typical Side Effects:
- Chinese herbs are often associated with some common, less harmful and typical side effects. Some of these include headaches, nausea, dizziness, dry mouth and even certain bowel changes or problems.
- If the mixture of the herbs is not proportionately mixed or combined, it can cause several problems and may not prove as effective for fertility so one must make sure that the herbs are combined by a person who has the right knowledge and experience at such a thing.
- A negative points about Chinese herbs that are used for fertility is the fact that they take a very long time to show effect and this can be a little frustrating for some people.
- The Chinese herbs used for infertility treatment may cause some health risks or impotence cannot be termed as toxic but can cause flatulence in a certain cases and this is another side effect of these natural herbs.
- In some rare cases, allergic reactions too might occur on taking Chinese herbs for fertility, both in the case of a male and a female.
Effectiveness of Chinese herbs:
There is no evidence which will support the fact that Chinese herbs are proved effective for inducing pregnancy and have made people fertile but it has been seen that these herbs have helped about 70% cases of infertility cases. There are more than 150 Chinese herbs which may be used for treating infertility and each has its own effect and duration of treatment. It is always better to go to an authentic manufacturer or seller or Chinese herbs rather than going to a one who doesn’t have a proven track record.