Endometriosis is a medical condition or a gynaecological disorder which is seen in women. The condition refers to a situation where the cells from the lining of the uterus appear and flourish outside the uterine cavity. The endometrial cells in the lining of the uterus as well as those outside the cavity are all influenced by the female hormones and hormonal changes. The causes of this disorder are thus hormonal in nature.
The endometriosis disorder is usually seen in women in their reproductive years and it is more critical when a pregnant woman experiences it. There are various symptoms of endometriosis in women which vary depending upon the site of the active endometriosis. There are a few endometriosis during pregnancy symptoms which an individual should watch for.
Some of these symptoms are as follows:
- The most common symptom of endometriosis during pregnancy is pelvic pain. This is also one of the most common symptoms that are experienced by all the patients of endometriosis whether they are pregnant or not.
- Another symptom of endometriosis during pregnancy is having pain while urinating. There may also be some burning sensation in addition to the pain.
- It has been found that a pregnant woman who suffers from endometriosis may also experience nausea or even diarrhea. Some women may experience these, just as a side effect to pregnancy.
- It has also been seen that many women experience pain even when having bowel movements. This happens because they are suffering from endometriosis while they are pregnant.
- Another symptom of endometriosis during pregnancy is experiencing bloating or fatigue. The degree of their severity might vary from woman to woman and the stage of pregnancy.
- Endometriosis in pregnant women has also found to be accompanied by signs of constipation.
- Endometriosis also causes the women to experience pain during intercourse. This may be exaggerated during pregnancy.
- There are some women who have an extreme case of endometriosis. These women experience more intense pain as compared to others. This is because of the fact that the scars are stretched which results in added discomfort.
It has been found that a woman may have difficulty conceiving if she has endometriosis. This disease also induces a very high risk of miscarriage in pregnant women, or may lead to pre-term birth. Thus the women who are pregnant and also suffering from endometriosis must seek immediate medical consultation.
photo credit: (http://www.abc.net.au)