Pregnancy is a time or phase in a womanâ€™s life which comes with a lot of doâ€™s and donâ€™ts. During those nine months of life, a female may have to be careful about many things which are otherwise safe to do, for example-getting a tattoo.
During pregnancy, many women wonder whether or not they should get a tattoo done or how safe it is to get a tattoo done on any part of the body. Well, the answer to this is that it isnâ€™t very safe or advisable to get a tattoo made during pregnancy due to several reasons.Â It is very unlikely that any tattoo artist will be willing to do a tattoo on a woman who is pregnant because it is just not safe enough. Hereâ€™s why:
- In many cases of getting a tattoo, people tend to pass out or faint due to the needles. This is one of the main reasons why it is not safe to get a tattoo done during pregnancy because fainting can lead to falling which might not be safe for both the baby and the mother.
- Another reason why it may not be the best idea to get a tattoo done during pregnancy is because tattoo needles are very sharp and can also cause a shock. The chances of getting a shock are higher during pregnancy as the skin tends to be much more sensitive.
- Sometimes, when people get permanent tattoos made on their skin, some amount of the tattoo ink may get absorbed by their skin. This ink may not be very safe for the unborn baby and this is another reason why it is best to avoid getting a tattoo made when pregnant.
- During pregnancy, the body has stretched beyond its normal levels and the way the tattoo appears on the skin during this time may be different from the way it will appear after delivery. This is another reason why one must wait until delivering a baby and only then get the tattoo made.
- Tattoos can often lead to skin allergies and infections and thus getting a tattoo made during pregnancy may lead to infections for which the mother might need to take certain medication which may not be good for the baby. Hence this must be avoided.
- It is possible that the tattoo artist may not use clean needles or may follow unhygienic ways of tattooing. During pregnancy and even otherwise, it is very important to stay away from such things as a dirty or used needle can cause risk of infection which may even be contracted by the unborn baby. Some infections which can be caused due to un sterilized needles include HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C.
If you are determined that you wish to get a tattoo done during pregnancy, then you will need to select or search for the best tattoo artist and make sure he/she uses only fresh and sterilized needles.Â All the other equipment too must be clean.