Pregnancy is one of the most fulfilling experiences that women can go through in their lives. There are various changes that the body goes through indicating pregnancy and understanding the early one month pregnancy symptoms helps you better deal with them.
Careful observation of these body changes can easily help you know whether you are pregnant or not. Most of these are common and apparent signs of pregnancy and can appear during the first few weeks.
The most important thing is to have a close look at the symptoms and distinguish them from the other normal day to day signs.
Most common one month pregnancy symptoms
- Missed or delayed menstrual period is the most significant and the initial symptom of pregnancy. Some women experience light bleeding or spotting before missing their periods which may be a sign of the early stages of pregnancy.
- Morning sickness, vomiting or nausea is one of the very common one month pregnancy symptoms. Nausea is mostly experienced between two to eight weeks of pregnancy. The feeling of sickness especially in the mornings is a common sign and normally lasts until about the first trimester.
- Increase in body temperatures is also an early sign of pregnancy especially during ovulation and onwards. If this continues for long, then it may be a sign that you are pregnant.
- Breast tenderness is another sign and mostly occurs once conception takes place. This makes your body to undergo some hormonal changes which may make your breasts become larger, sore or tender. As pregnancy advances, your body adjusts will to the changes.
- Fatigue, tiredness and mood swings are also a common sign during the first one month of pregnancy. This is mostly due to the increase in hormonal levels but changes once the body system adjusts.
- Frequent urination is also one of the most common one month pregnancy symptoms. This is associated to hormonal changes and mostly due to HCG or human chorionic gonadotropin which is usually embedded in the embryo during pregnancy. The weight and pressure of the uterus on the urinary bladder is what causes frequent urination.
- Headaches and lower back pain are also common mostly due to the back hold added strain and the growing belly size. Headaches are due to the increase in hormonal levels.
Steps to take after experiencing pregnancy symptoms
Though all these may be early signs of pregnancy, the only sure way to verify if you are pregnant or not is by carrying out further confirmatory tests. The most reliable way to test for pregnancy other than the one month pregnancy symptoms is by carrying out blood and urine tests. These tests mainly show the presence of the pregnancy related hormone called HCG.
One of the most convenient and effective tests is the home pregnancy kits available in pharmacies. The urine test kits are very simple to use and should be used preferably one to four days after the first day of your missed period. The results are usually accurate and further tests can be done a week later to check whether your HCG levels are higher for confirmation. Be sure to follow the instruction provided in the kit.