A tubal pregnancy is a kind of a pregnancy in which the fertilized egg stays in the fallopian tube of a woman rather than moving into the uterus. This type of a pregnancy happens in 1 of 50 cases and is also known as ectopic pregnancy. These types of pregnancies are a danger to the life of the expectant mother and require quick emergency treatment. But to identify whether or not one of having a tubal pregnancy, there are some signs and symptoms which can be checked or looked out for.
The following are some of the tubal pregnancy symptoms and signs:
- If you have been experiencing light vaginal bleeding, then this could be sign of an ectopic pregnancy which must immediately be treated or consulted by an experienced gynecologist.
- Pregnancy generally comes along with a feeling of vomiting and nausea but these are also symptoms of ectopic pregnancy in women.
- If you have been having pain in the lower abdomen region and sharp cramps accompanied with the pain, then you must get yourself checked for a tubal pregnancy in which the fertilized egg remains in the fallopian tube and doesnâ€™t move to the uterus.
- Pain on one side of the body is another symptom which might indicate to an ectopic pregnancy.
- Dizziness or weakness is some other common signs of a tubal kind of a pregnancy.
- Some other signs which might be confused with some other medical condition or might be ignored include pain in the neck or the shoulder. Infact pain in the rectum is also an indication of a pregnancy which is tubal in nature and form.
- In some cases of tubal pregnancy, the fallopian tube tends to rupture and in such as scenario, heavy bleeding might occur. This heavy bleeding and sharp pain may make the woman faint and this can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy.
Here are a few causes of a tubal pregnancy:
- If a woman has a history of a PID or a pelvic inflammatory disease, then it might increase her chances of having a tubal pregnancy.
- Sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea or Chlamydia might also be responsible for causing an ectopic type of pregnancy.
- Some other causes include congenital abnormality, history of pelvic surgery, and use of fertility drugs, IVF treatment or history of a tubal pregnancy.
- There is no way to know the real cause of a tubal pregnancy and these points are just probabilities which increase the chances of such a pregnancy.