Nobody wants to develop stretch marks on their body, but pregnancy stretch marks are common along with backaches, nausea, frequent urination and fatigue.
75-90 percent of all pregnant women will develop stretch marks in their pregnancy.
Red lines will be appeared during your 6th or 7th month of pregnancy.
Pregnancy stretch marks not only appears on your belly, but also on the other areas that get larger such as upper thighs, breasts, buttocks and also on your arms, depending on how much weight you gain and your genetic history.
Tips to prevent pregnancy stretch marks:
- Consume a healthy diet in order to nurture your skin. Consume the necessary prenatal vitamins. Take foods in right quantities of calories and also consume the foods high in protein, calcium, whole grains, fruits and vegetables high in vitamins.
- Drink plenty of water and also consume fluids frequently as they can keep your body hydrated and preserve elasticity.
- Follow strategies for steady weight gain. For a healthy pregnant woman, weight gain should be in between 25-35 pounds, little more for underweight women or having twins. [Healthy Pregnancy Weight Gain]
- Apply moisturizer to your breasts, thighs, belly and anywhere you think you might get pregnancy stretch marks. You can also make your own moisturizer by using the ingredients such as olive oil, cocoa butter and vitamin E cream.
- Apply wheat germ oil as it helps you for some extent.
- Avoid exposure to sun and tanning booths. Hot showers or cold weather will dry up your skin. Moisturize your skin 2-3 times as you normally do during winter or when you take hot showers.
- Apply cocoa butter from a recognized health store. This gives soothing feeling and smells wonderful.
- Get regular exercise as it promotes better circulation and improves your overall skin health. More blood means better nutrition for your skin. Better nutrition is healthier for the skin and less likely to develop pregnancy stretch marks.
- Massaging also helps your skin to supple. Using massage oils will improve the elasticity of your skin. While massaging, it is better to use body brush or wash cloth. [Pregnancy Massage]
You need to continue this regimen after your delivery also, until you get your weight back. This helps in preventing the pregnancy stretch marks.
Warning signs when you are trying to relieve from pregnancy stretch marks:
- Avoid usage of some high tech pregnancy stretch marks cream. Most of the times you will experience that many well-known brands have the label saying that “This is not for pregnant or nursing women”.
- You must be careful while you are using lotions to prevent breast stretch marks. Don’t allow your baby to ingest all these chemicals.
If you are still bothering about your pregnancy stretch marks once after your delivery, then you need to consult a specialized dermatologist as he may suggest various treatment options.