You don’t have to put off travel and vacation plans simply because you are pregnant. Unless medically advised not to do so. You can travel during pregnancy just as easily as otherwise, with a little bit of planning, here’s how –
- Keep some wiggle time in hand for unforeseen delays. Give yourself extra time to get to the airport and so on, and avoid stress.
- Carry along healthy snacks such as fruits, nuts, cereals and so on. This will help you avoid unhealthy snacks on the way and also keep you from feeling faint or hungry along the way.
- Ask your doctor if there are any vitamin supplements and minerals that you need to take particularly when travelling when it may not be possible to keep as close an eye on one’s nutrition.
- Ask for an aisle seat on the bus or plane so that the rest room is within easy reach without any awkwardness to fellow passengers.
- Take enough rest when you are on vacation. Take the time for a relaxing bath, a nap, and some rest and relaxation with room service may be just the thing to help you feel energized and rested throughout your trip.