Pregnancy is one phase in a woman’s life where she has to deal with several challenges at once, and one of these challenges is to maintain her skin and her beauty.
Due the fluctuation of various hormones in the body, the skin might suffer a lot and this can affect the overall appearance of the pregnant woman.
If you too have been suffering with the same problem, you can follow the following tips and ways to maintain your beauty during pregnancy:
1. The first way to make sure that your skin type and appearance remains as beautiful as it was before is it to eat a very healthy diet, full of vegetables, fruits and other healthy foods. Concentrate on getting sufficient minerals and vitamins in your diet. Vitamin A is very essential for healthy skin and hence you can increase the intake of Vitamin A-Rich foods like carrots, fish, eggs and milk. Moreover, eating foods that are rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C and Vitamin E can also protect skin from aging and other damages.
2. Another important tip to maintain the glow is to drink plenty of water throughout the 9 months. Water flushes out all the toxins from the body and hence make it a point to have water even when you aren’t feeling very thirsty. 8-10 glasses of water in a day is a must.
3. Pregnancy can take its toll on you and you may get tired easily, especially during the 2nd and 3rd trimester. This can therefore make your skin appear dull and your face tired. Getting plenty of rest and a good night’s sleep is extremely crucial not only for the skin but also for the overall appearance. Make it a point to get 8-10 hours of sleep everyday to avoid the appearance of dark circles.
4. Harsh soaps can expose your face and skin to a lot of chemicals which might take the glow away. Hence, avoid using these products and rather switch to a moisturizing facial cleanser or a body wash during pregnancy.
5. Even the sun can have harmful effects on the skin and appearance and too much exposure may make it look dark and dull. To avoid this, use a sunscreen with SPF 20 or above to avoid the UV rays from reaching your skin. Try using oil-free versions for the best results and carry an umbrella on sunny days.
Photo Credit By: womansworld.in