-Time to Plan for Baby Shower!
Now when you are 30 weeks pregnant, it is the right time to plan for a baby shower. In the old days, baby showers were arranged only for the first child, but now most of the mothers are welcoming all their children with the same warmth and excitement.
30 weeks pregnancy also involves various changes in you and your developing unborn baby.
You are getting closer to introduce your baby to the world; so there is no wonder that your feelings change from one hour to the other. You may feel happy and anxious at the same time and this is perfectly normal.
Week 30 pregnancy symptoms and physical changes that occur in your body
At this time, you need to be aware of your and your babyâ€™s blood type. This is essential for every pregnant woman because if you and your babyâ€™s blood types donâ€™t match, then there is a chance for you to produce antibodies that can possibly lead to an attack or harm your baby. This is a very rare condition and it can be dealt with modern medicine.
Mood swings and swelling
The hormones are changing during pregnancy week 30; so mood swings and nesting syndrome may appear more obvious.
By 30th week of pregnancy, you will notice some swelling in your ankles and legs. Forty to seventy five percent of the pregnant women will develop a condition called as pregnancy ankle and foot edema.
This is the most common condition in your late pregnancy, most importantly on hot days or being on your feet for longer time.
Mild swelling is common during pregnancy. But if you notice swelling in your hands and face, then it is essential for you to contact your health care provider. All these are the possible signs of preeclampsia.
About 5-10% of the pregnant women experience this condition during pregnancy. According to studies, proper consumption of nutrition helps to reduce the chances of developing this condition
During the 30th week of pregnancy, varicose veins will develop. These are caused especially by the weakness in the small veins, which carry blood back to the heart. They appear as fine reddish, bluish, or purplish lines under your skin, most frequently on your legs and ankles.
These veins become worse in your late pregnancy because of exertion of more pressure on the veins of your leg. Donâ€™t stand for longer periods and avoid sitting cross-legged. Elevate the legs whenever you want.
Back pain and general discomfort
Back pain is always a constant companion and constant urination can occur as often as every 10 minutes.
Practice relaxing exercises that help you in reducing the fatigue, back pain and general discomfort. But, donâ€™t overdo any physical activity, cut down the amount of physical activity and concentrate more on getting proper sleep.
Try your best to sleep on the left side to help improve your circulation and use the pregnancy pillow or normal pillows to help you feel comfortable.
Care you need to take when you are in 30th week of pregnancy
- Do regular exercising and consume the foods rich in fiber like vegetables and whole grains.
- Avoid sitting or standing for longer hours.
- If you have trouble while sleeping, use maternity pillows for comfortable sleep.
- When you feel severe heartburn, it is better to sleep in a recliner chair as it gives great comfort.
- Blood pressure may fluctuate, so avoid standing up too fast or changing the position too abruptly for you will risk getting dizzy and losing balance.
- If you experience trouble with breathing while exercising, stop immediately.
- If you feel unusual pain anywhere in your body, contact your doctor immediately.
Changes that occur in the fetus when you are 30 weeks pregnant
In 30 weeks pregnancy, your baby is about the size of 16.8 inches long and weighs up to 3 pounds.
Your baby is working hard to fill out your uterus and continues its steady growth. Around one and a half pint of amniotic fluid surrounds your baby now and as your baby grows inside your womb, the amount of fluid reduces. Not that it will make you feel any lighter!
Changing in appearance
The lanugo hair that was developed on your babyâ€™s body will start to fall from this week onwards. But, some babies will still have the hair on their body even after their birth. In the same time the little oneâ€™s toe nails are just entering their final growth stage.
Your baby moves more and more now and you will actually have fun trying to recognize which body part he/she is moving with the help of 30 weeks pregnant ultrasound.
Your baby is keeping busy
Your babyâ€™s head is getting larger to get ready for its growing brain. Also your babyâ€™s bone marrow is now completely in charge of producing red blood cells.
There is a lot of eye movement going on inside your tummy. Your little one is practicing closing and opening his or her eyes and also tries to look sideways. The baby may even make an attempt to touch a light source. At this point, your little one can distinguish light from dark so it is natural that he or she will respond to it.
Your 30 week fetus will mimic the breathing actions by frequently moving the diaphragm. You should also know that the baby even has the capacity to produce tears, and yes, it can happen for him or her to cry inside your womb.
Facts to know in 30 weeks pregnancy
- Starting with this week your baby will gain around 225 grams each week.
- Since you are experiencing about the same hormonal changes as in the beginning of your pregnancy, you may feel sad and anxious and experience doubts about your parenting qualities.
- When you are 30 weeks pregnant, you should now look for a baby crib. Still make sure you have company while you do that.
- If your friends throw you a baby shower, make sure you have a good time and make the most of your positive attitude because this type of event will help you fight the pre-birth depression that is experienced by 90% of the pregnant women.
Get more information on what to expect when you are 31 weeks pregnant.