-Time for Growth of Major Facial Characteristics in Your Baby!
By the time you are 7 weeks pregnant, your baby grows in length up to 13 mm and is growing fast.
During this week, your baby is now closer to the size of a small raspberry or a grape than a kernel of corn.
This week, you will observe various changes in you and your baby’s body and you must have already started planning for the days to come and for the arrival of the baby in your life.
Weight fluctuations are normal
When you are 7 weeks pregnant you can either start gaining weight or lose weight. Both situations are perfectly normal and there is no need to worry. Some women have a large number or cravings during this week; others are fighting the morning sickness consequences; so there is no need to panic in either of the situations.
7th week of pregnancy symptoms and physical changes that occur in your body
During 7 weeks pregnancy, you might still experience morning sickness. In case that the condition persists in a constant manner you will not gain a larger weight than a few pounds.
The rapid increase of hormones like progesterone can cause your face to break out.
Acne and pimples during this time are normal and you need not worry too much as they will go away on their own.
It is better to wash your face twice in a day by using a gentle cleanser and drink a lot of water. Some women luckily get a clear complexion during pregnancy
A bundle of unpleasant symptoms
You experience 7 weeks pregnant symptoms such as constipation and occasional bouts of indigestion. Some of you can also feel somewhat dizzy or lightheadedness may occur sometimes. You might also experience headaches.
In case you are already suffering with migraines, it’s better you take the advice of your doctor for medication and avoid the foods that might trigger migraine attacks. Hormonal changes happening in your body might also cause migraines.
Keep tabs on all the changes happening in your body and if you see or notice anything unusual, it is advisable to immediately get in touch with your doctor.
Mucus plug formation
When you are in week 7 of pregnancy, important changes occur to your cervix. During the 7th week of pregnancy, your body secretes the mucus plug, which structures at the opening of the cervical canal and seals off the uterus for protection, remaining there until the moment you give birth to your baby.
Late implantation spotting
There is a very large possibility that some spotting may still appear when you are 7 weeks pregnant. Most women consider this a sign of the period which did not happen, however it is the result of the embryo getting more attached to the uterus wall.
Care you need to take when you are in week 7 pregnancy
- Take vitamin B6. This helps in relieving nausea and improves your skin condition.
- Do not keep your stomach completely full or empty. Taking ginger ale will greatly help.
- Try to drink ginger tea or ginger ale. Also, try ginger root capsules or ginger snaps. Lemons will also help you a lot in reducing morning sickness.
- Try doing meditation and prenatal yoga.
- Focus on your breathing and energy levels.
- Take frequent naps if you feel fatigued.
- Monitor your diet carefully and stay away from excess fats and sweets
Protect yourself against respiratory infections
You must be very careful not to get a respiratory infection when you are in 7th week of pregnancy. However, if it occurs you must not medicate yourself and make sure your doctor knows your condition. This is very important because you must not take any medication longer than 48 h.
Stay away from pet’s litter
If you have a cat in the house make sure you are not the one cleaning the litter box. Your pet may be perfectly fine but its litter may be a source of a parasite causing toxoplasmosis which transmits through placenta and can cause important damage to the baby.
Changes that occur in the fetus when you are 7 weeks pregnant
- During this week, your 7 week fetus will develop the first face features.
- The appearance of dark spots indicates the formation of eyes. The retina and lens will be formed.
- The mouth and the tongue are formed and there is a teeth lining too.
- The baby starts to produce its own blood.
- Face small pits mark the development of nostrils and ears. Your baby’s eyes and ears are the most visible features on its head.
- Their miniature bones start to harden throughout their body.
- The brain of your baby develops rapidly.
- Facial characteristics and limbs form during this week.
- The liver is formed and starts producing red blood cells.
- The baby’s blood type is defined during this week and it can be different from the one of the mother.
- The heart of your baby can get right and left chambers. 7 weeks pregnant ultrasound scan will help you detect the motion of the heart.
- The trachea and esophagus changes, which differentiates the lung position on each side.
- When you are in pregnancy week 7, the baby’s intestines also develop and the appendix is present by this week.
- The cavities and passages necessary for circulation of spinal fluid develop.
- The baby starts using the placenta as an excretory organ.
- The first baby movements occur which are usually not felt by the mother.
Facts of the 7th pregnancy week
During pregnancy 7 weeks, your uterus has doubled in size and you should know that by the end of the pregnancy, it will become 1000 times bigger than it originally was.
Increasing blood volume
Around this week you have about 10% more blood. This and your uterus growing will apply a big pressure over the bladder. You should expect to have to go to the bathroom even if you sneeze or cough or even when you laugh.
Food cravings influence baby’s growth
During the pregnancy period, everything that you consume will greatly affect your unborn baby. Make sure to know the type of foods to eat and not to eat during your pregnancy.
During pregnancy, cravings are very natural, but do not consume food in large quantities as it can lead to overweight during your pregnancy. Cravings are also an indication of lack of nutrients in your body. Try to eat green leaf vegetables and lot of fruits.
Want to know what happens next week? Here’s what to expect when you are 8 weeks pregnant.