The minute that you learn that you are expecting, you are bombarded with advice, suggestions, tips and caution from almost everyone you meet. One of the most common advices that you might hear is to eat a lot of fruits. There are many fruits that you can consume during pregnancy and one of them is watermelon.
Watermelon is a watery and very nutritious fruit that has many benefits for pregnant women and the top 9 benefits of eating this fruit during pregnancy are given below:
1. Eases heart burns-having heart burns is a common problem during pregnancy and watermelon is one fruit which can avoid this. It has a very soothing effect on the stomach and can treat digestive issues, acidity and provides instant relief.
2. Reduces swelling-another superb benefit of having watermelon during pregnancy is that it helps to reduce swelling on the hands and the feet. Swelling is a common side effect of pregnancy and watermelon reduce the blockage in the veins to reduce it. It also helps prevent edema.
3. Reduces morning sickness-morning sickness is a common occurrence for pregnant females and watermelon can help alleviate it greatly. It is a great idea to start the day with a glass of watermelon juice as it has a calming and soothing effect on you.
4. Prevents dehydration-another benefit of watermelon which makes it an ideal fruit choice during pregnancy is that it helps in preventing dehydration due to large amount of water present in it. Dehydration can cause premature contractions and thus watermelon is a good way to keep yourself well hydrated.
5. Reduces cramps-another reason that can motivate you to have more of watermelons during pregnancy is that it can help you get rid of muscle cramps. The watermelon helps the body in coping with the cramps better and eases them by a great deal.
6. Prevents pigmentation-pigmented skin is a common problem during pregnancy and watermelon is a way to prevent and reduce it. Watermelons can help smoothen the bowel movements and ease the digestive process of food. It cleanses the body and eliminates the chances of pigmentation.
7. High source of nutrients-watermelons are packed with many nutrients that can prove great during pregnancy. Not only is this fruit high on Vitamin A but also on Vitamin C, magnesium, potassium and Vitamin B6. These vitamins and nutrients are great for pregnant women and help her stay fit and healthy.
8. High on fiber content-watermelon is high on fiber content and this is another benefit of including it in diet during those nine months. The high fiber content has many advantages including better digestive process and a glow on the skin.
9. Works as a cleanser-watermelon works as a natural cleanser for all internal body organs and keeps them clean and away from the many harmful toxins that may accumulate in the body. It helps flushing them out and hence it is recommended that you include watermelon in your diet if you are pregnant.
Photo Credit By: hypercityindia.com