When you are pregnant, everything you eat must be nutritious enough to have a good impact on your baby. There are so many things that you can incorporate in your diet during pregnancy to make sure that its nutrients reach the baby through the placenta.
If you thought that snacking items were unhealthy and should be avoided, then you are mistaken. There are many healthy snacks that you can try out during pregnancy and feel satisfied, energized and nausea free, all at the same time! The following is a list of the 8 most super healthy snacks that you can have during pregnancy.
- Crunchy granola smoothie pops-this snacking item is not just healthy but also very tasty in a way that it satisfies your sugar cravings during pregnancy. It is packed with calcium which helps the baby develop bones, teeth and muscles. Make sure you choose yogurt containing live active cultures so that you can reduce the risk of yeast infections.
- Edamame hummus with pita chips-edamames are high on both calcium as well as iron, both of which are extremely important for the baby growing inside you. Edamame is a perfect meat free protein source for vegetarians and helps to boost the brain cells of your baby.
- Carrot, raisin and walnut salad-this is another great snacking idea for pregnant females. Carrots are a great source of vitamin A and Vitamin C. Thus it helps in the development of the baby’s eyes, bones and teeth. Moreover carrots are also a good source of Vitamin B6 which can help in boosting the baby’s nervous system and brain. Walnuts are loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids which are great for the eye and brain development of the baby. These walnuts also help to prevent the risk of postpartum depression and hence are recommended.
- No-bake almond butter granola balls-this is another snack great for pregnant females. Almond butter is packed with magnesium which is good for avoiding leg cramps. Oats and dried fruits help the digestive system and are also beneficial for the baby.
- Caprese salad skewers-this is a salad which is high on the content of vitamin C which is an infection fighter and avoids the pregnant woman from getting sick. Moreover the mozzarella present in it is very calcium rich and is important for the development of strong bones and teeth of the baby. Moreover this salad is also good for a healthy and fit nervous system and heart.
- Avocado toast-avocados are superfoods which are packed with many essential nutrients that can prove great for the health of the baby as well as the mother. Avocadoes are not only loaded with potassium that can prevent leg cramps but also other nutrients like folic acid that promotes and boosts nervous system growth. The best thing about avocados is that they are free of any cholesterol or sodium. But since avocados are very high on fat, one must avoid having them too many times or in large quantities.
Photo Credit By: all4women.co.za