Pregnancy is a beautiful phase for every woman but is a phase which is associated with many challenges. A pregnant female has to take care of many things during pregnancy and one of these things is her diet. Making certain dietary adjustments is very important both for the mother as well as her unborn baby. There are many benefits of eating dry fruits during pregnancy and the following are the most important ones:
1. Dry fruits and nuts both have very high quantities of essential minerals and vitamins. These vitamins and minerals are very important to meet the nutritional needs of a female during the time of pregnancy.
2. Dry fruit are abundant in fiber content and having dry fruits on a regular basis can help in easing constipation. Constipation is a common problem during pregnancy and hence this is a great benefit of having dry fruits during pregnancy.
3. Many dried fruits contain a lot of iron, which too is an important element for the human body and is even more important for a pregnant woman. Getting enough amount of iron is also important for the prevention of anemia.
4. Almond is one of the beneficial dry fruit for a pregnant lady and contains high quantities of calcium.Â This calcium can reduce hypertension and also relieve pre eclampsia. Hypertension and pre eclampsia both are common during pregnancy. Infact, having almonds also helps the baby to have stronger bones, stronger teeth and health muscles.
5. Cashew nuts are also very beneficial dry fruits which are abundant in copper. Copper helps the body to use the iron stored and is important for the functioning of many muscles and other organs of the body.
6. Another dry fruit which has a lot of importance for pregnant women is dates.Â Dates are high on fiber content and this fiber helps to prevent diabetes and heart disease.Â This fiber regulates improves digestion and weight gain. Dates are also very high on iron.
7. Walnuts are high on the omega-3 fatty acids which prove to be of great important for all pregnant women.Â What omega 3 fats do is that they help in the development and growth of the unborn babyâ€™s brain and eye.
8. Dried bananas are also a type of dry fruits which are recommended for pregnant women. Dried bananas are high on vitamin C and vitamin B6.Â While vitamin C helps to fight heart disease and to strengthen the immune system, vitamin B6 is helpful in preventing anemia and treating heart disease.
9. Pine nuts are also considered good for any woman who is expecting because these dry fruits contain Vitamin K which is important for normal blood clotting and production of proteins for the bones in the human body. Pine nuts also contain zinc which helps in improving immunity and formation of organs of the body of the baby.
10. Dried apricots are high on Vitamin A and this vitamin is important for bone health and eye health.
Photo Credit By:Â en.wikipedia.org