It may be pooh-poohed as a rest and relaxation option for the rich, but spa treatments that involve Ayurveda, massage, shiatsu and reflexology can result in very real benefits in terms of wellness and enhancing physical comfort, particularly for pregnant women.
Columnist for the UK Telegraph checked into the exotic Como Shambhala spa, which is a holistic resort in Parrot Cay to try and address issues such as aching shoulders, a swollen belly and other pains and discomforts of being 7 months pregnant such as lower back pain. Apart from these physical symptoms other problems included insomnia, anxiety, and so on.
Procedures such as a 75 minute prenatal massage, private yoga lessons as well as groups sessions of Pilates and yoga, were on offer. The benefits experienced as a result of the spa pampering were –
- Improved sleep and reduced insomnia.
- Feeling less huge and bloated.
- Feeling nurtured and pampered.
- Improved blood circulation due to release of blocked nerves.
- The Pilates, massage and reflexology can ease the weight of the growing baby, relieve stress on the ligaments, muscles and the mind as well.
- Health and well being can be enhanced for baby and mother.
- The feel good factor is just a plus!