During pregnancy, womenâ€™s body undergoes minor changes, it may cause discomfort, irritation and sometimes they need extra care. Below discussed are some of the common discomforts faced by women in various stages of pregnancy.
- Lower back pain: The ligaments of your body become softer and stretch. This will put some pressure on your lower back, pelvis, and joints, this leads to back pain. To reduce back pain there are many home remedies and few simple tips. Lower back pain can be relieved by few sitting and standing exercises.
- Piles: You can find few symptoms such as little lumps at the anus, sometimes these may bleed if you find these lumps increases check with your doctor. The uterine blood volume increases, this can put pressure on your the veins by causing anal swelling and bleeding. Due to pregnancy hormones, bowel movement can slow down and it leads to constipation. Most of the piles or hemorrhoids can be treated by few home remedies and including certain foods in your diet.
- Stomach Pain: Many women experience burning or pain in the pit of stomach or chest during pregnancy. You need to take small amounts of foods at regular intervals and make sure you are avoiding antacids. To reduce the stomach pain you can sleep with the chest and head lifted up by using some pillows or blanket.
- Constipation: Constipation is one of the top uncomfortable complaints given my many pregnant women. Drink lots of water; eat fruits, and foods which are rich in fiber. Avoid oily and spicy foods. Exercise also helps you to get rid of constipation.
- Anemia and malnutrition: During pregnancy, eat enough foods which are rich in protein, iron. Take iron, folic acid pills, and vitamin C can be taken if nutritious foods are not available or affordable. Include foods such as beans, milk, cheese, ground nuts, eggs, meat, fish and dark green leafy vegetables.
- Feet swelling: Swelling happens in the body because the body holds more fluids; it increases pressure in your legs. Swelling is a minor problem in pregnancy; about half of the women experience this, especially during the last trimester. Rest with feet up, eat less salt and less salty foods but nutritious ones.
- Swollen veins: The bulge near the surface of your skin is referred as varicose veins or swollen veins. These generally seen in legs and anywhere in the skin. To treat varicose veins or swollen veins put feet up often, wrap the swollen vein parts with an elastic bandage in day time only.
Some important tips for pregnant women
- Exercise is very important for the healthy and it will also reduce the stress. Especially walking in the morning.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Do not smoke or permit yourself to be presented to use smoke.
- A good sleep is also important at least 8 hrs is a must.
- Pregnant women should wear a comfortable dress which avoids stretch marks.
- Drinking a good quality of water will remove all the bacteria from the body.
Medications should be taken only if the prescription is given by the doctor.