Red raspberry leaf is a special herb which is derived from red raspberries and has been used medicinally for over thousands of years. All over the world, this herb is used to treat illnesses, disorders and as a preventive care ingredients in many cultures. One of the greatest benefits of red raspberry leaf is in the form of red raspberry leaf tea which is recommended during pregnancy.
This herb consists of a rich assortment of vitamins such as vitamin B Complex, iron, calcium, fragarine and magnesium which are used to treat acne, flu and diarrhea. The following are some of the major benefits of red raspberry leaf tea during pregnancy:
- The most important benefit of red raspberry leaf tea during pregnancy is that it helps to aid the immune system of the mother which in turn allows her to fight off diseases and disorders during those months. This in turn also makes the baby stronger and more immune to illnesses.
- Another benefit of taking the tea made out of this herb is that it eases morning sickness during the first trimester. Morning sickness is a common and discomforting problem during pregnancy but taking the tea made of red raspberry leaves can be very comforting.
- The tea made out of this herb also promotes better blood circulation which can help take the healthy nutrients through the blood of the mother to the baby in the womb.
- Another benefit of red raspberry leaf tea during those nine months is that it helps to strengthen the uterine muscles of the mother and also helps to tone the pelvic floor muscles so that the mother can be more prepared for childbirth.
- Red raspberry leaf tea consists of all the healthy elements which can assist with the supply of the breastmilk when the baby is born and this too is an important benefit of this herb.
- Many studies have shown and proved that women who consumed red raspberry leaf tea during pregnancy have a reduced number of cases of interventions during birth of the baby.
- Research work has proved that females who took tea made of this herb during their last trimester have shorter second stages of labor as compared to those who didn’t. This is also a reason why pregnant women must include this tea in their diets towards the end of their pregnancies.
- The ingestion of red raspberry leaf tea during the pregnancy months can also decrease the chance of pre and post term gestation.
- Some studies also suggest that consumption of this tea would decrease the chance of requiring a C section for delivery or also decrease the chance of artificial rupture of the membranes.